Thursday 19 November 2009

A-Level Art

Whilst studying art at school and in 6th form I produced a number of pieces as a result of various projects. One project which I particularly enjoyed doing at A-Level was inspired by the works of Monet, after visiting his house and garden during a trip to Paris I started a project focusing on his Water Lily paintings. As a result I produced two large paintings, one of which is pictured below.






It was around this time whilst I was producing these pieces that Dolce & Gabana brought out their S/S 2008 RTW collection inspired by the idea of freedom painting and the work of artist and filmmaker Julian Schnabel (pictured below).



Many of the pieces in the Dolce & Gabbana S/S 08 collection featured garments splashed with strokes of colour, applied to parchment canvas, tulle and 50s inspired organza ball-gowns. This technique of applying colour in a loose and care-free manner is similar to the one which I used when applying the colour to my canvases. Below are some of my favourite pieces from the collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment